If you or a family member have been bitten and are experiencing Lyme-like symptoms, or if you are showing symptoms and have been in a tick-infested area whether or not you recall being bitten it may be time to get help. Lyme disease can be a confusing and frustrating experience and you are always better off catching and treating it early. Do not be afraid to ask questions or ask for help.
- How to get tested and diagnosed
- What are Lyme treatment options
- How to talk to and prepare for a visit with your doctor
- Where to find doctors familiar with Lyme disease
- What is post-treatment Lyme disease
- How to help your pets
Lyme disease can be a confusing and frustrating experience. With symptoms that can be difficult to diagnose, limited public awareness, and plenty of contradictory information and points of view about treatments, prognosis, and scope, Lyme disease can also feel very isolating. You are not alone. Ask for help. Do not be afraid to push for more answers.
Main image courtesy of Anand Varma