- There are over 329,000 new cases of Lyme disease in the US every year and it is growing rapidly. The revised CDC estimates increased the number of cases by more than ten-fold what was previously believed making Lyme disease one of the fastest-growing infectious diseases in the US.
- Untreated, Lyme disease can become a severely debilitating disease affecting joints, the heart, the brain, and/or the central nervous system. There are half a million Americans struggling with late-stage Lyme disease.
- Late-stage and post-treatment Lyme disease (PTLD) cause immense suffering and severe health issues for thousands of patients with little remedy. Controversy over prolonged antibiotic use, highly variable disease progression and genetic conditions, and masquerading symptoms often impede treatment.
- Prevention is key, yet few are aware of the risks or how to take precautions.
- Promising scientific research is leading to new clinical solutions and the potential for radically different patient health outcomes.
At Bay Area Lyme, our mission is to put a stop to Lyme disease. Our focus is on prevention and the development of better diagnostics and treatments.
We fully believe Lyme disease is a solvable problem. Join us in finding the solution.